Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Electric Edge 540 build log #10


I have been debating on whether or not to try and drill past the carbon strips for the vertical fin post or not. The problem is that the carbon strips do not go all the way thru the fuse so the drill bit is likely going to wonder off the side and the resulting hole will not be vertical. I went slowly with a slightly larger bit than needed hoping the bits stiffness would help keep it from wondering. The rear post hole is good! The front post did slip off the side of the carbon but I am satisfied with the front post being just into the balsa. 






Really the last thing to work on until the covering order arrives is the cockpit.  I am looking for a picture to print and use as the pilot. The obvious is a picture of me but that has been done over and over along with snoopy… I wish I could find a higher res shot of Kirby Chambliss from the wing mounted gopro like this one. Anyone know Kirby?






1 comment:

  1. Put a picture of your son in it.
    I bet he would get a kick out of that.

    ReplyDelete