Saturday, December 1, 2018

Electric Edge 540 build log #11


Red Bull’s base colors are dark blue and silver, check!  I know that weight is going to be an issue but until we get the electronics sorted a little better I went with Hobby King covering as it is WWAAYY cheaper than the Parklite covering I wanted to use. HK is $9 for 5 meters vs $19 for 2 meters of Parklite. The covering weighs 3oz on the plane plus more when I get the graphics on there. I think the Parklite will be about half of that. Next time… The tail feathers are going to stay white on this prototype also, the next plane will have them cut from dark blue Coroplast to match. I will laser cut all the major logos to get a good idea on the total weight of the covering.



The graphics are all trademarked so there is 0 chance of finding commercially available decals that will come anywhere close to fitting. Sooooo a couple of hours of CAD work and BAM! We have logos that fit. Ran out of day again so these will have to wait for next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment